Alaska’s Travel Protocols
Please note, this information can change at any time. Please refer to the links provided below to verify what we’ve provided here.
TRAVELING TO JUNEAU FROM OUTSIDE ALASKA
STEP 1 – All travelers arriving from out-of-state (both fully vaccinated and not fully vaccinated) must register on the State of Alaska Travel Portal at alaska.covidsecureapp.com.
STEP 2(a) – All travelers arriving from out-of-state and NOT FULLY VACCINATED must adhere to whichever of the following applies to you:
- If you have proof of a qualifying negative COVID-19 test, you must abide by strict social distancing rules for 5 days.
- If you are awaiting results from a test taken within 72 hours of departure, you must adhere to strict social distancing rule for 5 days and continue to do so if you still haven’t received your test results after 5 days.
- If you didn’t take a pre-travel test, you must take a COVID-19 test when you arrive at the Juneau International Airport and strict social distance for 5 days. The City & Borough of Juneau provides the test for FREE!
STEP 2(b) – All travelers arriving from out-of-state who ARE FULLY VACCINATED must adhere to one of the following:
- Show proof of a qualifying negative COVID-19 test
- Show proof of having taken a test within 72 hours of departure
- Take a free COVID-19 test upon arriving at the Juneau International Airport
STEP 3 – It is recommended, but not required, that all travelers (fully vaccinated and not fully vaccinated) take a follow-up test 5-14 days after arrival.
If you decide to do this, please sign in on the State of Alaska Travel Portal, alaska.covidsecureapp.com, and choose the “Generate travel voucher” tab. Then return to the Juneau International Airport 5-14 days after arrival between 8 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. for a second test
If you develop any new symptoms, even mild ones, stay home/in your Juneau accommodation and call a healthcare provider or the COVID-19 Screening Hotline to arrange testing. The local COVID-19 Screening Hotline number, 586-6000, is available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
Visit the Juneau Covid Information web page for more information about social distancing and what to do after your social distancing period is complete, and additional Juneau-related links that may be of interest.