As of June 1, 2021, these are our COVID19 policies....
The health and safety of our guests and staff are our top priority. To that end, with regard to COVID19 safety, we follow CDC, State of AK, and the City and Borough of Juneau’s (CBJ) recommendations concerning face coverings, etc. We also wash our hands a lot and clean our vessel really well.
CHECKING STAFF TEMPS
CDC considers one to have a fever when their temperature reads at least 100.4 °F [38 °C] on a thermometer.
Our staff has their temperature checked every morning. Anyone whose temperature exceeds 100.4 °F can’t work that day.
While that doesn’t tell us whether or not someone has COVID-19, we’ll err on the side of caution.
Since we follow CBJ’s rules, fully vaccinated individuals DO NOT NEED TO WEAR MASKS in most indoor or outdoor settings.
To learn more about Juneau’s guidance and COVID19 mitigation strategies, visit Juneau.org.
CLEANING & DISINFECTION
Our crew takes extra care to sanitize all surfaces of our passenger van and marine vessels between tours and during tours as needed. They practice regular hand hygiene and do their best to avoid touching their nose, mouth, or eyes.
- Our team cleans and disinfects commonly touched surfaces at the beginning and end of each tour and between transporting van passengers. We ensure cleaning and disinfection procedures are followed consistently and correctly using the appropriate disinfectants.
- The disinfectants include “EPA’s Registered Antimicrobial Products for Use Against Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2,” the virus that causes COVID-19. The EPA has a guide explaining whether or not a product can kill SARS-CoV-2. If the first two parts of the EPA Registration Number on the label are “1234-12,” that’s a COVID-19 killer.
- Alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol also work on hard surfaces.
- For soft or porous surfaces such as fabric seats, we have a small, portable cleaner for carpets or upholstery that uses a disinfectant solution. We then use EPA-approved products for use against COVID-19, which is suitable for porous surfaces.
- Gloves and any other disposable PPE used for cleaning and disinfecting the vehicle are removed and properly disposed of after cleaning.
*You can learn about Juneau’s travel policies on our TRAVELING TO JUNEAU page.